Story Matters

Story Matters

THE Official HHS Football Site

Friday, November 5, 2021

Highlands Bowlers Earn Win to Open Season

No one covers Highlands sports like FTM! We're there, in-person, every week! Please consider a small donation to help fund our content. We rely solely on support from our advertising partners, providing our content for free. Any amount helps. Click here to donate!

The Highlands bowling teams opened the season with victories over Lloyd Memorial at the Bellewood Bowling Lanes.

The Highlands girls won 7-0. Seniors Carissa Armstrong and Jade Rehberger bowled high games for the Bluebirds with scores of 170 and 160 respectively.

"It was really great. I hadn't bowled in a really long time so I wanted to do it to have fun senior year with some of the girls," Rehberger said. "We had great cheers, great energy."

The Highlands boys won 5-2. Junior Graham Lecky bowled a 199 to lead the Bluebirds and junior Kurrin Frank bowled 174.

"Everybody did his best. It was a tie 2-2. Then we played two baker games and we came through," Lecky said. "My personal high is 209. I stay consistent and I don't let it get in my head then I get strike after strike. That's all I do and (Head Coach Andy) Eckerle is a good coach. He teaches us good ways."

Highlands bowls again Thursday, Nov. 11. Highlands takes on Covington Holy Cross at LaRu Lanes at 3:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment